Thanet: Dog owner reunited with pet in Margate after 38 days of searching

A woman has been left “overjoyed” after finding her dog in Margate 38 days after he went missing.

Teddy the Miniature Poodle was being walked on September 13 and, while playing with another dog, ran off at around 1pm.

The dog ran out of the Memorial Recreation Ground in Broadstairs and was dashing in and out of traffic as he ran through residential roads.

Read More: 16 Kent dogs looking for their forever homes

But at around 4pm, Teddy ran back to the Memorial Rec and then disappeared.

Sign up for the free KentLive newsletter

Signing up to the KentLive newsletter means you’ll get the latest news direct to your inbox twice a day.

It couldn’t be simpler and it takes seconds – simply press here, enter your email address and follow the instructions. You can also enter your email address in the box below the picture on most desktop and mobile platforms.

You can also sign up to our website and comment on our stories by pressing here and signing in.

The last official sighting of Teddy was when he was spotted by a train driver on the tracks at Dane Valley at around 9am the following day.

However, on October 10 he was then seen on the tracks at Margate station and had been described as looking like he had been out for a while.

He was also spotted on the tracks at Dane Valley again the next day.

On October 19 Teddy was seen in the All Saints industrial estate and, despite the owners almost getting hold of him, he was spooked by a cyclist.

Two days later some people were heard trying to call Teddy, so his owners decided to head out and see what was going on.

He slowly started to approach them before they were eventually able to lure him in with some food.

A 38 day and night mission to find Teddy had finally come to an end.

The dog’s visit to the vets showed that he’d lost 4kg in weight and had 30 tics removed. His kidney levels were slightly high, but no injuries were present.

Many people have been following the story of Teddy and are now delighted to see him back in the arms of his owners.

One person wrote on Facebook: “Aww so happy he’s safe and home.”

While another said: “Well done to everyone involved, so happy Teddy is safe now.”

One user wrote: “I’m in tears, what a happy outcome!”

Another put: “What a story and well done, love happy endings.”

Sign up to get the latest stories from Kent direct into your inbox here

Article Source: Kent Live